Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I'm a fighter, I'm a poet, I'm a preacher...

I'm really tempted to get tickets for this year's Projekt Revolution tour. Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance and Taking Back Sunday are probably my three favourite bands to come out this decade (plus seeing TBS at Jones Beach would be cool). The rub is that I think my rock concerts days are behind me. I usually wind up feeling like a narc or a chaperone.


Sometimes, people can unintentionally say the funniest things. So sayeth my friend this afternoon: "I just saw a picture of myself. God, I'm a fat bastard. Anyway, I'm getting ready to order at Cheesecake Factory. Talk to you later."


I have a friend who will fill me in on what everyone is talking aboot on the talk radio, and apparently everyone (at least on the right side of the dial) has realized that John McCain and Fred Thompson are essentially the same person (a conclusion we on PCLIVE! came to a few weeks ago). The only difference is that Thompson speaks with a southern accent. That must be why everyone thinks he's the most qualified.


I don't need no license to sign on no line, and I don't need no preacher to tell me you're mine. I don't need no diamonds. I don't need no new bride. I just need you, baby to look me in the eye. I know they have a hand time and your Daddy don't approve but I don't need your daddy telling us what we should do. Now there are a million questions I could ask about our lives, but I only need one answer to get me through the night. So baby, can you tell me just where we fit in? I call it love. They call it living in sin.


We think Lady had the kittens today, and we're all worried aboot her because she didn't want breakfast this morning and wasn't here for dinner tonight. Yes, my family is all worried aboot the stray cat t he we named. What? Like your family is that much cooler.


While I maintain my comparison of watching wrestling to being married, if they move Edge to Smackdown and give him the lengthy title run they were going to give the Undertaker before he went and tore his bicep, that could be cool.


I have a friend who thinks "Real Time with Bill Maher" would be a great show if Bill Maher wasn't on it. I watched a little bit of last weeks show, and I think it would be a great show if they didn't book celebrities on the panel. I think a politically themed talk show where the guests can loosen up a little is a great idea...if the guests come correct with something intelligent to say. When [random unfunny comedian] has nothing to say except "Bush sucks" and then waits for applause, don't waste my time.

No comments: